Saturday, November 26, 2011

Things that help me

I thought I'd share some of the things that help me as I live with fibromyalgia. These are in no particular order. They don't always work & I don't use them all at the same time.

1. My TENS unit - When my back is spasming or muscles are hurting, this often helps me.
2. Hot Showers - A lot of time my muscles are tight & the hot water helps them to relax & eases my pain.
3. Horse Lineament - I know it's for horses, but this helps my sore muscles better than any arthritis creams.
4. Rubdowns - My Hubby has gotten very good at giving me rubdowns. It helps my whole body to relax.
5. Prayer - sometimes all I can do is pray through the pain. God always gives me the strength to endure the pain.
6. Friends - sometimes just chatting with a friend helps. Letting my friends know I am hurting helps me know I am not alone & it lets them know that I need prayer.
7. Medications - sometimes I have to take pain pills or even just Tylenol PM to help ease the pain.
8. Stretches - My physical therapist gave me a lot of different stretches to help with my pain. Sometimes doing the stretches will ease the pain or at least make it bearable.
9. Trigger Point Therapy - I use the Trigger Point Therapy workbook. Sometimes this hurts more at first but then as the trigger points release the pain gets better.
10. Chocolate Therapy - Sometimes, you just have to eat some chocolate & relax!

I hope this will help you or someone you know who lives with fibromyalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment