Thursday, August 31, 2017

Why do i feel so bad?

This is a question I ask a lot! I'll go a few months feeling pretty good & then hit a period of several months feeling bad.

Currently, fatigue is my constant companion. I'm so tired ALL the time. Add to that pins & needles/numbness and pain in my joints/bones, I'm a mess. So off to the doctor I went. Since the beginning of the year, the wonderful Resident that been working with me has been busy!

First, she did a full blood workup on me. It came back showing Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease & anemia. So, a kidney ultrasound, urine test & more bloodwork followed. I was put on iron & told we will check bloodworm ever six months.

Next, I was sent to sleep doctor & for a sleep study since I hadn't had one since 2011. From that, I received a new c-pap & my pressure was almost doubled (from 9 to 16).

By now it had been 6 months. I was still fatigued, still dealing with pins/needles & pain. I also was not eating a lot as nothing agreed with me.  So back to the doctor. More bloodwork! This time my kidney disease numbers had improved back to stage 2! I was no longer anaemic & my a1c was so good that I'm no longer had prediabetes!

But, now I had hypercalcemia (high calcium levels). So more testing found out my parathyroid levels were low. Even more blood testing to find out that my parathyroid related protein levels (pthrp) were normal. Now we are just watching my calcium levels.

That brings us up to today. I'm still fatigued. I still have pins & needles and numbness (in legs, arms, face, head). Still having pain in joints & bones. I have also been having some tremors & muscle spasms. I had bloodwork today to check my Vitamin B12 levels. I also have a rheumatologist appointment in November (been waiting since like March on that one!).

So, why do I feel so bad? I still don't know. Fibromyalgia is what they tell me when everything else gets ruled out by tests. Not that it matters much the reason. I still have to push through it & keep going. Still have to take it one day at a time. Still have to cling to my Savior Jesus to carry me through when I can't! I keep moving, keep doing, keep praying, and just keep on keeping on until Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment