Saturday, August 26, 2017

Chronic pain all my life

Chronic pain has been a part of my life ALL my life. Sometimes more than others. 40 years ago I woke up with pain in my legs & couldn't walk. I got better. 27 years ago I was bedridden & overwhelmed with pain for several months. I got better. In between those times & since, I've had ups & downs, lots of new symptoms & plenty of diagnoses.

I've tried about everything under the sun for treatment. Right now I am carbonation free, aspartame free, gluten free. I take prescription meds & use alternative meds too (essential oils, vitamins, etc.) Some things help, some don't & some make it worse. AND what worked yesterday might not even work today.

Sometimes I know what the trigger to my pain is like overdoing it, stress or bad weather. Other times, I have no clue. I could have slept wrong, moved wrong, moved too much, moved not enough, sat wrong, been touched wrong, or who knows what.

I do know that it helps to have people who I can let know I'm hurting, numb, etc. Sometimes just writing out what I'm struggling with & posting it just helps. I don't feel so alone because I know someone has read it & knows what I'm experiencing.

It helps tremendously to know I have people praying for me! I love my prayer warrior friends & family!

I don't write this to complain. I write it to say thank you for praying for me & listening to me!

I write it to let you know that we that suffer chronic pain need your support. We need you to tell us you are praying, to help us sometimes, to bring us a meal once in awhile, to drop us an email/text/letter every so often, to listen & cry with us sometimes, and to just be there sometimes. I know it gets tiresome as we've been "sick" forever. It gets tiresome & lonely for us too. We get forgotten a lot. We don't get the support those with more pressing & more visible issues get.

I write it to say that if you are struggling with pain, it is ok! I struggle too! Sometimes I'm sad, sometimes I'm angry, & sometimes it's ok. I don't know why we are chosen to suffer but I know God has a plan & a reason! We just have to keep pushing on! Let me know if I can pray for you or give you any help or let you know what I've done or am doing to make it through.

*If you made it this far, thank you for reading this!

No comments:

Post a Comment